• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42863
  • Total Topics: 16072
  • Online Today: 1383
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Who am I ? !  (Read 8269 times)

Pez

• SCF VIP Member
  • Pez
Who am I ? !
« on: 13. April 2012., 10:06:27 »
Pez

Several pieces of Pez candy

Introduced:1927
Markets: World

Pez (trademarked PEZ, in capitals) is the brand name of an Austrian candy and their mechanical pocket dispensers. The candy itself takes the shape of pressed, dry, straight-edged blocks (15 mm (5/8 inch) long, 8 mm wide and 5 mm high), with Pez dispensers holding 12 Pez pieces.

The name Pez was derived from the letters at the start, the middle and the end of the German word for peppermint, Pfefferminz, the first Pez flavor. Pez was originally introduced in Austria, later exported, notably to the U.S., and eventually became available worldwide. The all-uppercase spelling of the logo echoes the trademark's style on the packaging and the dispensers themselves, with the logo drawn in perspective and giving the appearance that the letters are built out of 44 brick-like Pez candies (14 bricks in the P and 15 in each of the E and Z).

Despite the widespread recognition of the Pez dispenser, the company considers itself to be primarily a candy company, and says over 3 billion candy bricks are consumed each year in the U.S. alone. Pez Dispensers are part of popular culture in many nations. Because of the large number of dispenser designs over the years, Pez dispensers are collected by enthusiasts.

Pez was first marketed as a compressed peppermint sweet or candy in Vienna, Austria. It was invented in 1927 in Vienna by a candy maker named Eduard Haas III. Haas invented peppermints using family owned baking powders, and decided to serve the mints in small, hand-size containers. He manufactured a small tin to hold the mints, similar to the modern Altoids tins. The first Pez mint dispensers, known as "regulars," were similar in shape to a cigarette lighter, and dispensed an adult breath mint marketed as an alternative to smoking. They were invented by Oscar Uxa. Haas Food Manufacturing Corporation of Vienna, Austria, was the first to sell Pez products.

World War II slowed marketing and production. In 1945, manufacturers devised and promoted the Pez Box Regular. In 1952 Eduard Haas introduced his product to the United States, and Curtis Allina headed Pez's U.S. business. In 1955, the Pez company placed heads on the dispensers and marketed them for children. Santa Claus and Mickey Mouse were among the first character dispensers. Since 1950, over 1500 Pez dispensers, including the original character dispensers have been created.

History

Pez vending machines were used in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. The first German machines were introduced around 1954 and were produced by DWM (Deutsche Waggon- und Maschinenfabrik) and GWS (Georg Wiegandt und Söhne), both of Berlin, Germany. Machines were later introduced in Switzerland and then in Austria, in October 1956; these were produced by Glerios / R.Seipel & Co. and/or Theodor Braun (Vienna, Austria).

In 1973, Pez built a factory in Orange, Connecticut. In 1983, Scott McWhinnie became the president of the Pez company. He retired in 2003. Joe Vittoria became President of the company in 2004. Around 2005 the size of the original factory was doubled and the Pez dispenser line was expanded. In the mid-1990s peppermint flavored Pez candies were reintroduced along with remakes of the 'regulars'.

In early 2006 the family of the original founder of the company bought back 32.5% of the stock from investment company PGH for €18M. They now own 67.5% of the company. The headquarters are in Traun, Austria. The Pez candies are produced in Traun and Orange, Connecticut, while the dispensers are produced in Hungary and China.

Flavors

Pez candy has come in a wide variety of flavors over the years, including:

General
 Cherry
 Chocolate
 Cola
 Grape
 Lemon
 Orange
 Peppermint
 Raspberry
 Strawberry
 Raspberry-Lemon
 Strawberry-Vanilla
 Strawberry-Banana

Sour Flavors
 Sour Watermelon
 Sour Green Apple
 Sour Blue Raspberry
 Sour Pineapple

Retired Flavors
 Apple
 Chlorophyll Mint
 Coffee
 Flower
 Lime
 Menthol/Eucalyptus
 Yogurt

Sugarfree Flavors
 Sugarfree Lemon
 Sugarfree Orange
 Sugarfree Strawberry

The common American flavors of grape, lemon, orange, raspberry and strawberry are available in kosher form in specialty markets.

More about PEZ ;)

Now it is up to you to tell who you are ;)

Their is two easy way to configure a system!
Every thing open and every thing closed.
Every thing else is more or less complex.

Start Turfing ! http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8405.msg21475.html#msg21475

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Who am I ? !
« on: 13. April 2012., 10:06:27 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Who am I ? !
« Reply #1 on: 14. April 2012., 09:11:19 »
Great topic pal, I enjoy reading them... :up:

This is my favorite childhood candy (more than a 30 years), now even my little daughter loves Pez. :)

Unfortunately, there is nothing interesting about my "nick"... simply "combination" of my real name... but I found few things via Google (noting related with me):

DJ Samker mix (isn't bad O0 ):
http://www.mixcloud.com/DJSamker/partyplan-vol-3/

and this "stupid" YT video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8rMC_ESOwM

Pez

• SCF VIP Member
  • Pez
« Reply #2 on: 16. April 2012., 09:27:31 »
Thank's !
Every sweet tooth like Pez ;)

Funny movie dow, but it is scaring that somebody do that kind of driving on a ordenary street.
The music you "had" was not realy in my taste. Im more boring in music taste then this teknosound. Perhaps im to old?

Nice that you liked this odd therd I stared. Perhaps some one else want to contribute in this funn issu for relaxing read?
Their is two easy way to configure a system!
Every thing open and every thing closed.
Every thing else is more or less complex.

Start Turfing ! http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8405.msg21475.html#msg21475

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #3 on: 16. April 2012., 17:47:46 »

Nice that you liked this odd therd I stared. Perhaps some one else want to contribute in this funn issu for relaxing read?

I also hope/expect that... ;)

A41202813GMAIL

• SCF VIP Member
  • XPOCALYPSE FOREVER !
USERNAME.
« Reply #4 on: 18. April 2016., 00:22:56 »
Not Funny Or Interesting, Just Informative - The Middle Of My UserName Contains My Country Equivalent Of My Social Security Number, And The Suffix Of It Is Obvious.

Cheers.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

USERNAME.
« Reply #4 on: 18. April 2016., 00:22:56 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising