• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42866
  • Total Topics: 16075
  • Online Today: 1587
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: x64 Software PLEASE REPLY  (Read 5563 times)

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
  • And War, War Never Changes.....
x64 Software PLEASE REPLY
« on: 24. May 2008., 05:24:47 »
Can someone give me some info on a few of the Internet security suites and what ones are reccommended, I have been looking at trend micro 2008, ballguard internet security and prevx, Can someone tell me which is best? or if there is something else better?
I am currently using kaspersky, which I am not a fan of, and never really have been.

i am also interested in changing firewalls, I used to use Zonealarm back when i had 32bit, but i am now stuck looking for something new...I am using comodo at the moment, Again another software Im not keen on, waaay too many pop-ups and just doesnt feel secure!
Can anyone advise on something solid without all the pop-ups?
Advanced firewall 2?
Kerio Winroute?
Jetico?
~KING~

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

x64 Software PLEASE REPLY
« on: 24. May 2008., 05:24:47 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: x64 Software PLEASE REPLY
« Reply #1 on: 28. May 2008., 10:29:38 »
Hi again blodflekk,

I was already told you my opinion and experience with AV: Kaspersky is much, much better than any AV in your mention. If you really want to change them then try with McAfee or even Norton. That's three TOP World AV any other is in second leauge (for me).

For FW i agree with you ZonaAlarm is No.1 but Comodo is also very good, maybe you just need to wait some time until ZA start with some version for 64bit.  ;)

I hope that other SCF Visitors will also reply to this Thread with their opinions and experiences !?

Regards,

S.

zocker

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 01. May 2009., 23:16:13 »
I can recommend the free Comodo Internet Security with Anitvirus and Firewall. There are two version available, one 32bitt and one for 64bit. Give it a try. You could use VMware or VirtualBox for testing.

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/index.html

NicolaasBsB

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 13. May 2009., 18:07:28 »
Mc affee (till patch 7) and 64 bits sytem are a bad combination. I havenot installed patch 8 sofar. Mc claims to have solved the problem. On my 32 bits system it runs okay.
BR N ::)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #3 on: 13. May 2009., 18:07:28 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising