• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3813
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Rebranding! SCforum.info is now Samker's Computer Forum.  (Read 24284 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Rebranding! SCforum.info is now Samker's Computer Forum.
« Reply #10 on: 05. June 2014., 22:18:37 »
OOPS, I am not a mod anymore so not aware that its final.

Pal, simply you have not been online for a while... but You have your place at SCforum, so if you have enough Free time to spend on SCforum (like Devvie & Jheysen) I'll be honored to give you Mod status again. What do you say?

Rest, you can add more trained people who can actually take care of sub forums if created or needs to create like Server, Networking, Linux, Virtualization etc so that more people can ask their issues and hence more activity

Some of them like Linux board etc. are already Opened... kindly check. For other ideas/suggestions/critics, please start new Topic in Feedback area: http://scforum.info/index.php/board,3.0.html

Have you installed JS from advertising companies, I am getting pop ups though after a damn long time in my PC. I hope, m not infected lolz.

Don't worry your PC is fine, I'm just testing some new advertising options. ;)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #10 on: 05. June 2014., 22:18:37 »

neerajrawat1

• SCF VIP Member
  • We believe in sharing is caring
    • Experts Galaxy
« Reply #11 on: 06. June 2014., 14:36:46 »
Yup, I understand and this is the way it should work, just wrote as m not now so wasn't aware of the things. As of now, damn busy with my IT certifications and career. I don't think that would get that much time for next  2-3 years and hence haven't started the forum for EG too so later on would be back for the designation as then I would start the forum for EG as well for everything from Home Computing to MS Servers, Linux, Networking, Database etc etc.

I saw the Linux thread but its not upto the mark just the sharing news thing, as I guess we don't have much Linux users in the forum here.

Hmmm, I am gradually moving to Linux as my primary OS so time to get worry free atleast to an extent. Just need to decide if Debian or Fedora though m already a Red Hat Certified Engineer now and not a big deal if I use Fedora on Desktop and Debian on Laptop :). Good, will discuss things regarding ads in detail with you in July as now m busy in my papers.

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 07. June 2014., 02:36:18 »
Well, I see more Debian-based servers than other distros :p (Debian-based includes Ubuntu)

neerajrawat1

• SCF VIP Member
    • Experts Galaxy
« Reply #13 on: 07. June 2014., 06:16:04 »
I never liked Ubuntu, its for newbies though now thought of moving to Debian as was interested in Backtrack rather the Kali Linux. I always liked RedHat don't know why but as its paid so thought of Debian as Google uses it and atleast I should know one other Linux if m not ready to pay as for me Linux should be free for what it was created.

Yup, Debian servers are there but if we talk commercial then no doubt Red Hat is the leader atleast till now.

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 07. June 2014., 18:21:34 »
Well, supposedly, the main linux flavors are Debian and Slackware, but I stick to Debian :p

If you have servers with very high traffic, wich are crucial, etc. I've read that you'd better use *BSD instead of linux, being the main flavors there FreeBSD and NetBSD :p

« Reply #14 on: 07. June 2014., 18:21:34 »

neerajrawat1

• SCF VIP Member
    • Experts Galaxy
« Reply #15 on: 07. June 2014., 18:58:17 »
Can't say if you are referring to SMBs or a particular region. Never heard of Slackware being used as a Server OS though anyone can use it if wish. Redhat, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS along with SUSE, have seen in many companies.

BSD is mainly used by universities and my favorite Unix, people and companies are switching away from Unix to Linux though most of the companies as I have seen use Red Hat and the client requirements is RHCE then only one can appear for interview here.

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #16 on: 14. June 2014., 21:46:10 »
So... It seems decided... We rebrand to:

Linux Distro Discussion Forum - LDDF for short.

Is gonna take a while before I get used to it  ???

:angel:
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

« Reply #16 on: 14. June 2014., 21:46:10 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising