• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42863
  • Total Topics: 16072
  • Online Today: 1382
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: 60 Minutes tells the truth about Palestinian life under Israel - and gets hate  (Read 4324 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Because it's the right thing to do - this is an email I received today:

Copy-Paste:
"Dear Devvie,

This week, something rare happened: A major U.S. media outlet actually showed the effects of the Israeli occupation on Palestinians.

But the candid reporting by "60 Minutes", America's most respected news program, has unleashed a furious response from major Jewish and right-wing Christian groups. They've generated over 29,000 letters of complaint — many before the episode even aired.

Unless we push back now -- and thank "60 Minutes" -- real journalism like this will become even more rare. Can you sign our petition to thank "60 Minutes"?

Click here: http://www.ThankYou60Minutes.org

I'm sure you'll agree that now they need to hear from you and others who support their courageous and sadly all too accurate report about the Palestinian Christian exodus from cities like Bethlehem and Jerusalem.
Under Israeli occupation, Palestinians have endured decades of unlawful home demolitions, checkpoints, land confiscation, detentions without charges, and much more. That's primarily why Palestinians are leaving, and why Palestinian Christians issued a call to Christians in other lands to help create pressure on the Israeli government through divestment campaigns.

In response to this call, this week the United Methodist Church is considering a historic vote to begin phased divestment from companies that profit from the occupation. The "60 Minutes" segment, which you can watch on our petition page, explains clearly why church divestment is the right thing to do. The occupation dehumanizes Christians, Muslims and Jews.
Please, take a moment to sign the petition and share this link, http://www.ThankYou60Minutes.org, with your friends. Don't let "60 Minutes" back down. We need more fair and truthful reporting, not less.

Thank you,

Cecilie Surasky
Jewish Voice for Peace

Inspired by what we're doing? Please donate now. Every donation makes a difference.
Subscribe to our blog Muzzlewatch. http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pZgHnDHaGPig8YjHIR2TbqLiwMrM07SH
Subsribe to our blog The Only Democracy? http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nSdx8FozvEdhrbZwfncE9KLiwMrM07SH

Contact us directly at Jewish Voice for Peace. 1611 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 550. Oakland, CA 94612 510-465-1777 info@jvp.org"

Especially now... Peace! :P

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-012 by DevNullius)
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Because this is Chit-Chat area, I'll share my opinion related to this theme (Israel-Palestinian "war")...

I really don't understand why Israel's country, after The Second World War and genocide against them, now do the same things to another nation - Palestinians.

Terrible!  :'(

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Something tells me this will do your Karma good ; )

Thank you for the feedback: I feel EXACTLY the same way :(

P*E*A*C*E

devnullius
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Stevicus

• SCF Newbie
This is a highly sensitive subject not least because of the repetitively repeated, conditioned assumptions, that the majority of people carry in their heads. Support 60 minutes by all means but remember thats only a footnote on a mountain range when confronting the vast political & economic power of a cohesive & determined group with a zero tolerance for criticism of anything Isreali/Jew/zionist related. The truth does not need to be filtered through the power medium & repackaged if it is Ultimate truth (that is the reality of a situation as God would see it) and the truth does not need to throw people in jail charged with "opinion crimes" for merely questioning it.
The powerful groups that enforce conformity to Isreals crimes & the crimes of her supporters have many weapons at their disposal including sticky labels that are attached to anyone they deem to target. The coward will avoid the label, the ignorant will own the label, but only the hero can wear the label and only when the label is oversubscribed will its effect become meaningless and we will owe all those that wore the labels ignoring the mantras and stood up for truth as ultimate truth..

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising