• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3528
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Windows 7 Release Candidate coming 5 May  (Read 4451 times)

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
Windows 7 Release Candidate coming 5 May
« on: 20. April 2009., 18:13:50 »

Redmond suffered yet another butter fingers incident over the weekend when the company let slip that the near-ready version of Windows 7 will be made available on 5 May.

The company's partner program website revealed the date for the release candidate of its forthcoming operating system on Saturday.

Neowin picked up on the apparent gaffe and has a screen grab of the website here (http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/04/18/windows-7-rc-coming-to-msdntechnet-soon-public-may-5). Microsoft has since amended it, by removing the date from its site.

It had been carrying the message that paying subscribers to MDSN and TechNet could get their hands on the RC ahead of the 5 May release, when partners will be able to download it too.

"Partners: If you have a subscription to MSDN or TechNet, you can download Windows 7 RC now." said the website on Saturday. "Otherwise, you can download Windows 7 RC starting May 5, 2009."

This is the second time inside a month that one of Microsoft's websites has leaked details about Windows 7 RC.

Last month the firm 'mistakenly' revealed the RC was coming in May, would be available until June this year, that there's no limit on product key and it's set to expire in June 2010.

It also detailed hardware spec requirements for the operating system, including a PC running a minimum 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor or higher, 1GB of system memory and support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128MB memory. ®

{The Register}
Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Windows 7 Release Candidate coming 5 May
« on: 20. April 2009., 18:13:50 »

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
Re: Windows 7 Release Candidate coming 5 May
« Reply #1 on: 20. April 2009., 18:49:29 »

That was a S-shot from my desktop.
First I was excited to install the Win7 OS after I got it from the internet... and there it is! "A BEAUTY!"  :thumbsup:

My system is now running Win7-Beta.

"BUT" you will notice that my system memory usage is too way high (1.3Gb!) unlike in a normal XP system!  :thumbsdown:

I hope that the new W7-RC will be far more different eating up all these resources.

Look again:
It also detailed hardware spec requirements for the operating system, including a PC running a minimum 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor or higher, 1GB of system memory and support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128MB memory.

LUCKY FOR ME HAVING 2GB MEMORY INSIDE!  ;D

Maybe I'll just go back to XP where I am more content for the meantime.

Conclusion: Windows 7 SUCKS!  :thumbsdown:

Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts.

mashed

• SCF Member
    • Stressed
« Reply #2 on: 20. April 2009., 19:25:18 »
cool, i'll update from the beta when that comes out :)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #3 on: 20. April 2009., 19:26:07 »
(1.3Gb!)
 :o  :thumbsdown:

by the way, in your opinion and experience is't better that Vista?

P.S.

Conclusion: XP RULES!  ;)

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: 21. April 2009., 07:01:38 »
Well in my opinion, I was never a ever a Vista fan. Windows 7 will definitely win over Vista bringing new fascination to all avid Microsoft XP/Vista users.

"Need more tweaks though" and we should hope this should be addressed by Microsoft the fact that users need not to justify to eventually "change" their PCs in compliance, or else, they would have to stay with XP.

Another tip for those who will be trying Win7, user should familiarize themselves with "Account Policies and Rights."  Same thing with Vista, Win7 is very much sensitive when it comes to process, access and restrictions.  "Built-In Administrator" is different from a normal user who is also an "Administrator."

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #4 on: 21. April 2009., 07:01:38 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising