• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42952
  • Total Topics: 16150
  • Online Today: 4651
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Coin-Swap (a bit of) BAD NEWS!  (Read 2303 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Coin-Swap (a bit of) BAD NEWS!
« on: 21. December 2014., 00:16:18 »
FROM: https://hashtalk.org/topic/24677/coin-swap-bad-news

Coin-Swap BAD NEWS!
From Coin Swap:

We are reverting to our old trade engine and auditing our books. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience.

Update 12/20 9:22 AM ET: Good morning. I will not have much of an update right now except that our new engine did not work as intended. We have been informed that people were able to withdrawal more than they should have been able to. Thank you to those that informed us. The next step is going to be a very long and detailed look at our logs. There is no other solution than to go through all of the transactions one by one and there are a few thousand. This will not be fast and we will not open up until we have a good handle on our situation. I GREATLY apologize for the mess. My name is Ian Childress and my Linkedin profile is https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ian-childress/4/883/649. I am not a scammer, I made code that broke. I will give more details as I have them.

Update 12/20 9:37 AM ET: Quickly checking in. I want to confirm that no one gained illegal entry into our system at any time. It was not a hack, it was faulty code that didnt adjust balances properly. It was about a 20 minute window from what I can tell. We still have the vast majority of our reserves but until I can say yes this is your correct balance, you may withdrawal it I cannot open back up. Due to the balance bug, SOME people have a higher balance than they should have. This makes our database balance and wallet balance not match up. Until we can determine exactly where everything went, we cannot open. I expect this to take at least 24 hours. I greatly apologize and take full responsibility. I will not disappear, I will continue to work until everything is resolved in the best way possible.

Edit: I removed my not so nice part of this message. I feel sorry for the guy. I'm sure this is the last thing he wanted to happen to his business.

Apologies folks. I was known as "Mister Negativity" as a child. I'm working on it.
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Coin-Swap (a bit of) BAD NEWS!
« on: 21. December 2014., 00:16:18 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising