• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3451
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: HDD issue or software corrupted  (Read 4147 times)

bBbLaHhH

• SCF Member
HDD issue or software corrupted
« on: 16. May 2013., 06:36:55 »
Hi, so for the past couple of months I have noticed that when I am playing LoL or league of legends that I will get intermittent lag... I at first thought it was a game problem... but after reinstalling and going through the whole sh'bang I still had the problem.. fps dropping below 8

When I play Diablo 3 I also experience the same issues.. constant intermittent lag and my fps will drop below 8

I feel that maybe my HDD is being to show signs of malfunction even though it is at most 2 years old.

Now I realize my issue could be almost ANYTHING... but if anyone has experienced this very same issue your insight is glady be appreciated and received

So as stated my above and maybe not, my symptoms are:

- game will lag intermittently while having drastic reduction in fps
- general intermittent lag while using every day applications such a WORD (scrolling up/down effect is lagged)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

HDD issue or software corrupted
« on: 16. May 2013., 06:36:55 »

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Re: HDD issue or software corrupted
« Reply #1 on: 16. May 2013., 21:17:48 »
Maybe you could shed us some light about your PC specs :p

bBbLaHhH

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 16. May 2013., 22:20:40 »
Sorry,

I'm running:

Asus G73sw
i72630QM 2.0 ghz
8 gbs ram
x2 500 gb hdd

Anything else?

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 17. May 2013., 00:03:52 »
Uhm... Did you defrag your HDDs?
Kinda standard question, but sometimes that's overlooked and can really improve performance..

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #4 on: 17. May 2013., 07:14:36 »
It smells like trolling  :down:

Due to the many posts here...

1. use a linux bootdisk and run a
sudo badblocks -svn -c 500000 /dev/sda

Look at the progress - try to time / see if there are any slow areas on the disk or if all runs steadily.

More? http://scforum.info/index.php?topic=8055.0 . http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8034.msg20300.html#msg20300 .

2. Elevated cmd.exe, type:
chkdsk c: /f /v /x /r

Restart computer

3. Install Puran defrag. Start with offline defrag, check all options (system, free space, folders).
But when on Windows 7 / 8, Puran isn't needed any more in my experiences. Defrag has changed in my experience and daily defrag with default Microsoft tool should do the trick. Stil... When in doubt ;p

More? http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/18144-What-is-better-Diskeeper-or-PerfectDisk/page8 . http://www.sevenforums.com/software/60135-puran-defrag-free.html#post1216900 .

4. Office delay could be due to many updates for Office through the years and could be totally unrelated? Try a newer Office version?

5. When 4 is true, your problem is with video-card itself. Drivers? Hardware problem? Mobo-problem when onboard video? Try the card in another pc.

6. Exclude any software interference. Test how far you get when you boot in safe mode and (try to) run the game again. It will look butt-ugly, but... See if you get constant and higher framerate. If so, create new user account and re-test. No dice? Remove antivirus completely. Exclude network problems. Pray if you believe in God and... foremost keep a close eye on Task Manager... Then?

7. repost ;p

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Conare nullius momenti videri fortasse missilibus careant
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-013 by DevNullius)
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

« Reply #4 on: 17. May 2013., 07:14:36 »

jmoon

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: 30. June 2013., 22:08:38 »
Sorry,

I'm running:

Asus G73sw
i72630QM 2.0 ghz
8 gbs ram
x2 500 gb hdd

Anything else?

Make sure that you have the latest video drivers for your computer. 

« Reply #5 on: 30. June 2013., 22:08:38 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising