• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3869
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Ashampoo Magical Security [Review]  (Read 4153 times)

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
  • And War, War Never Changes.....
Ashampoo Magical Security [Review]
« on: 29. August 2009., 01:52:58 »
Has anyone heard anything about this product?
~KING~

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Ashampoo Magical Security [Review]
« on: 29. August 2009., 01:52:58 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Ashampoo Magical Security 2 [Review]
« Reply #1 on: 29. August 2009., 06:52:55 »
Few words about this product:

Encrypting and decrypting important files is a cinch thanks to this program's easy-to-navigate user interface. Users of all skill levels will appreciate its solid performance. However, you'll need to obtain a trial key to extend the trial period from a short 10 days to the standard 30.

Ashampoo Magical Security's user interface is extremely basic, but functional. A tree-menu on the left side of the window displays your files and folders for easy browsing. Command buttons at the top of the window offer different means of encrypting and decrypting files. You can encrypt files as self-decrypting EXE files, and choose to encrypt them to CD/DVDs. The program even manages to throw in a few files compression options. It doesn't offer drag-and-drop functionality, but using the tree-menu, we were able to quickly browse and find files. Encrypting the files does delete the original. You can decrypt the file from the user interface or by clicking in the encrypted file and entering your password. The Wipe feature permanently removed all traces of selected files.

Despite what the publisher's description says, the program comes with a 10-day trial, but a free trial key extends the life of the trial period to 30 days. A Help file is available, but with such well-designed user interface, you shouldn't need it. We highly recommend Ashampoo Magical Security to take care of your encryption needs.

More info: http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/product_2_0704___USD.htm

(Cnet)

Personally I wasn't try this product but for some reason I don't like them...  :thumbsdown:

I was also little bit search over the Net for info. and it's look this program isn't popular to much.

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
  • And War, War Never Changes.....
Re: Ashampoo Magical Security [Review]
« Reply #2 on: 29. August 2009., 11:14:35 »
Ah, Thank you. I'm always interested in finding out about new products and finding something better than current system. I have been through so many different programs and never found anything I really love. At the moment have decided to stick with Avira Premium Security Suite, Nice and easy system, does everything an Internet Security suite should do!
~KING~

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Re: Ashampoo Magical Security [Review]
« Reply #2 on: 29. August 2009., 11:14:35 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising