• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42939
  • Total Topics: 16139
  • Online Today: 4071
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: [solved] How to mount / epxlore .adi and .dim image files??  (Read 25377 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Rebuilding my data recovery pc (with some warez, some legits) I also installed Active@ Partition Recovery.

I used it to create an image of a hard disk with over 300 bad sectors at the beginning of the disk. The disk itself was only explorable with Linux. Windows wasn't able to read it.

Anyways, creating the backup image was easy as pie. But the problems started...

How to explore / browse / mount the resulting backup images *.DIM?

I had to try a few programs, but finally I found a torrent for "~Active Disk Image Professional Corporate 5.5.2 + Key\Active Disk Image Professional Corporate 5.5.2 + Key".

This program allows you to do EVERYTHING with the images. Mounting, exploring, disk to image, image to disk, clone disk,  etc.

A (few) pesky detail(s) are to be expected... For example, my hdd had several partitions (including DELL system partition). Trying to MOUNT it will not work, I can only EXPLORE. Too bad ;p

This program would be DA BOMB if it could support many more image types. Sadly, only 2 are supported. Both image formats by Active@.

Last note: when restoring an image to a new fresh disk, initialize the disk first (MBR/GPT)!

Still many karma!

devnullius
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

manual2100

• SCF Member
Re: [solved] How to mount / epxlore .adi and .dim image files??
« Reply #1 on: 12. September 2016., 10:02:01 »
I think that you can mount dim images with alcohol or daemon tools. You can also burn them to iso with imgburn.

krishna88

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: 17. November 2017., 10:45:06 »
Hi @devnullius,

Please check with the link below, whether it can solve your issue.

http://www.partition-recovery.com/doc_restore_disk_image.html

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #2 on: 17. November 2017., 10:45:06 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising