• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: how do I enable the FM receiver on my iPhone 6  (Read 9221 times)

paajee

• SCF Newbie
how do I enable the FM receiver on my iPhone 6
« on: 02. May 2017., 14:03:17 »
I find it perplexing that Apple didn’t initially include an AM/FM radio in its iPod music players, or in its later Smartphone. Other companies, such as Creative, include radios in their portable music players; some smart phones, such as models from HTC, also have this feature.

It took Apple a half-dozen generations before it added Ecouter FM Radio En Direct En Ligne functionality to its players, which it finally did with the iPod nano. But there’s still no AM or FM Radio Streaming in the flagship iPhone. And why not? It could be a simple matter of price; the pennies that it would cost to add the AM or Radio Gen FM Jakarta Online Streaming circuitry would push the iPhone’s price up above what the average consumer is willing to pay. I don’t think that’s the case, however; most folks wouldn’t notice if the iPhone’s price went up by a buck or two. And, after all, Apple was able to add an Prambors 102.2 FM Jakarta Streaming Online to the moderately priced iPod nano without anyone crying foul. Why not to any other devices in the line? So maybe it’s a space issue, although it’s hard to believe that whatever chip or circuitry that might be needed couldn’t be fit within the iPhone case. Battery life might also be an issue; I imagine an AM or FM radio would draw some amount of power that could diminish the phone’s overall battery life. It could also be a simple matter of Apple not wanting you to have the option of free music over the airwaves, especially when they have that big ol’ iTunes Store there to sell you all the music you want.

Why give it to you free if they can make money selling it to you? I’ve even seen some people argue that AM/FM radio just isn’t elegant enough for the folks at Apple. Terrestrial radio, after all, is rife with static and poor reception, and that’s not the way Apple likes to roll. If it ain’t clean and clear digital, Apple don’t want it. Or maybe Apple just doesn’t think AM or Radio Big FM 92.7 India Live Online is important enough to bother with. There may be something to this; given the choice of listening to your own custom playlists or being forced to sit through the dreck that most commercial radio stations broadcast these days, who wouldn’t turn off the radio in favor of a personalized digital music stream? In any case, Apple obviously doesn’t think this is a burning issue, and it probably isn’t – or else more people would be complaining about it. Still, there are times and places where AM or Star FM Zimbabwe Online Streaming may be your only listening choice; I’d really appreciate it if my iPhone could pick up my local stations, in addition to the streaming and downloadable music options currently offered.

What can you do if you want to listen to terrestrial Ecouter FM Radio En Direct En Ligne on your iPhone? There are actually a couple of options. The first thing you can do is connect an external radio to your iPhone, via a piece of add-on hardware. There used to be a few different choices here, but the market seems to have shaken out – maybe completely.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

how do I enable the FM receiver on my iPhone 6
« on: 02. May 2017., 14:03:17 »

krishna88

• SCF Advanced Member
Re: how do I enable the FM receiver on my iPhone 6
« Reply #1 on: 16. November 2017., 13:29:01 »
Hi @paajee,

The FM receiver is there in iPhones , as its part of the Hardware. but its inaccessible, and not connected to anything. Even if you could enable it, the lack of an external antenna would render it useless.

There are groups that will open the Phone voiding the warranty and enable the Fm antenna and maybe even attach it to the external casing, Also the FM requires a pretty long antenna i.e wired earphones to work even remotely well.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Re: how do I enable the FM receiver on my iPhone 6
« Reply #1 on: 16. November 2017., 13:29:01 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising