• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43035
  • Total Topics: 16219
  • Online Today: 6022
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: How to give internet friends access to hyper-v clients on windows server 2012?  (Read 24009 times)

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
For this case, Hyper-V should let the VMs attach to the physical NIC... It has worked for me in the past as it creates a Virtual Switch and attaches the Physical link to it as well as the VMs.
Just have your server with a static IP in the DHCP and you are good to go (Having the VMs with static IPs will help too) :p

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
PS: I'll also be running some Linux Hyper-V boxes to set up server services (to be determined) that will need internet access too. Of course, they cannot use VPN and must be able to communicate with the internet freely from within the LAN. I understand I'll be needing to setup up port forwards once more for those services...

Enjoy your breakfast :)

Devvie
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Yup... although it depends on the service, maybe some services just need to be visible from within your LAN

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
I don't expect my router will have VPN build-in.

NAT
Port forwarding
Virtual Server
Special Applications
ALG
UPnP
Quality of Service
USB port

And the Toolbox has the option "Remote" (for remote management of the router; won't be enabling that)
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
UPnP should help
And you'll be playing in the Port Forwzrding section only :p

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
:) good

Btw: difference between virtual server & Port Forwarding is just that server only uses 1 port in settings, while Portforwarding uses ranges (where portrange 44322 -44322 would be the same as virtual server)?

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Yup..

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Another question...

There's also an option Special Apps...

"Some applications require multiple connections, such as Internet gaming, video conferencing, Internet telephony and others. These applications cannot work when Network Address Translation (NAT) is enabled. If you need to run applications that require multiple connections, specify the port normally associated with an application in the "Trigger Port" field,select the protocol type as TCP or UDP, then enter the public ports associated with the trigger port to open them for inbound traffic."

I would understand this 100% if it was specifically for UDP. But it includes TCP too... But TCP is port forwarding, right? So why can Special Apps chose between TCP or UDP protocol? Because Port Forwarding offers UDP protocol too...! So what's the diff?? Just wondering ;p

Devvie

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Oh, you can do port forwarding in both UPD and TCP port domains :p
That option is used to create a somewhat "dynamic" port forwarding, where if the router sees outgoing traffic from let's say port X, then it automatically forwards the port range z-y to the client originating the traffic in X.
In my experience, no one ever uses that.

metalmunna

• SCF Moderators
    • my heart bleeds for none but my own!
OK here again, do you want to do the setup right now?
if so can use the public/real IP on a LAN card right now?
if so add me on your skype by the same user name i am using on here.
so you can give me team viewer information to log in your system.

MetalMunnA
https://www.halfrain.com
https://www.coreyz.com
I just sit and wonder, why!! Everything i touch it dies!!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising