• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3827
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Pest Patrol 4.0  (Read 12180 times)

Delsol

• SCF Member
Pest Patrol 4.0
« on: 09. June 2010., 23:45:03 »
I have been using Pest Patrol 4.0 for the last 10 years even it is a bit out of date in today's standard. But it's still very capable and I'm able to get dat update from CA's server - CA bought Pestpatrol and integrated it into eTrust line of products.

I'm wondering if anyone know how to get the very latest stand alone version? Any input would be much appreciated.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Pest Patrol 4.0
« on: 09. June 2010., 23:45:03 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Pest Patrol 4.0
« Reply #1 on: 10. June 2010., 06:27:46 »
I have been using Pest Patrol 4.0 for the last 10 years even it is a bit out of date in today's standard. But it's still very capable and I'm able to get dat update from CA's server - CA bought Pestpatrol and integrated it into eTrust line of products.

I'm wondering if anyone know how to get the very latest stand alone version? Any input would be much appreciated.

I never tried this product, on "official site" last version is CA Anti-Spyware 2009: http://www.pestpatrol.com/

Did you try them also??

As I see last Pest Patrol version is No. 8, here is a Trial: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/PestPatrol.shtml

Delsol

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 10. June 2010., 22:40:32 »
Thanks a lot for the input!! The place I worked before used it as a preliminary malware\virus scanner and it was able to take out many spyware and viruses that not detected by the major AV products. There was one virus from mainland china called 3721 and PestPatrol was the only none-AV tool that's able to identify and kill on the infected PC. I will give the PestPatrol 8 a try and let you know how I like it. Thanks again!

mario007

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 12. October 2010., 23:52:57 »
nvr heard of ...sorry

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #3 on: 12. October 2010., 23:52:57 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising