9 (3.2%)
Trend Micro
0 (0%)
Avira
5 (1.8%)
Other
16 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 270

Author Topic: The Best AntiVirus ?!  (Read 251345 times)

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
Re: The Best AntiVirus ?!
« Reply #10 on: 25. February 2009., 13:54:33 »
Been using Mcafee for years now, really satisfied with the works (just too much DAT updates to download nowadays <115MB>)...

Norton also does the work but eats too much resources.

Same all other Anti-viruses can do the work, but the point is, all these AV software are only "good and effective" until the last defined virus. So be aware to download the updates!

In my system is the sure thing: McAfee Viruscan 8.5.0i + DeepFreeze. It's OVER-the-EDGE people!

Keeps me totally away from viruses and systems' crash!
Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #10 on: 25. February 2009., 13:54:33 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #11 on: 26. February 2009., 08:25:04 »

Same all other Anti-viruses can do the work, but the point is, all these AV software are only "good and effective" until the last defined virus. So be aware to download the updates!

That's right !

Excellent point George.  :thumbsup:

Regards,

Samker

BGM

• SCF Member
« Reply #12 on: 05. March 2009., 18:35:23 »
Used Mcafee V8.0.I on a number of machines for years. Good product. When V8.5I came along we switched and have been very happy with the product. V8.5I adds many additional features but still requires additional MalWare protection

BGM

• SCF Member
« Reply #13 on: 05. March 2009., 18:41:52 »
Expanding slightly from just antivirus, tried the Symantec Endpoint product. This product has antivirus, antispyware, and a remedial firewall.

We were not as happy with the detection part of this product, and the firewall had much fewer control than something like Zonealarm.

Be careful, if you thought Mcafee products were difficult to install and eliminate all of the components, Symantec is one of the toughest to get rid of.

jake2pointzero

• SCF Member
« Reply #14 on: 05. March 2009., 19:57:12 »
In our company, we are using McAfee as our Virus scanner and anti-spyware. We also satisfy with the performance, but it sometime consume lots of Computer resources.

« Reply #14 on: 05. March 2009., 19:57:12 »

midias

• SCF Member
« Reply #15 on: 05. March 2009., 21:37:30 »
I use McAfee 8.5i mostly because I got a free copy from RIT but it has served me well.

midias

• SCF Member
« Reply #16 on: 05. March 2009., 21:38:37 »
Used Mcafee V8.0.I on a number of machines for years. Good product. When V8.5I came along we switched and have been very happy with the product. V8.5I adds many additional features but still requires additional MalWare protection

I have found a combination of spybot, adaware, malawarebytes and super anti spyware with 8.5i is just about perfect.

duomaxwell22

• SCF Member
  • If it is too good to be true, Don't believe it!
« Reply #17 on: 05. March 2009., 22:48:46 »
the best antivirus is the one that is installed in your pc right now.. cause if it's not, you'll be thinking out to remove it.
almost antivirus are the same.. the competition are, "who is updated?"

im using mcafee 8.5i antivirus+antispyware+hip

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: 06. March 2009., 06:41:59 »
Nice comments everyone!

It's true that we get rid the ones which is not worth our while and there are reasons.

It stays there because we know it is the best as long as its satisfy our needs and yet being effective.

But does it really satisfy us of just being updated? I don't think so. 
We tend to update our anti-virus software whenever new viruses found and defined (favoring those who are not being infected).
Still if not, systems get infected!

For me it is more than satisfaction in regards... Be "Pro-Active" is the best thing to do!

Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts.

cyberick

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #19 on: 06. March 2009., 07:20:17 »
For me, McAfee is the best. I'm using it since 1999 and its very great.
The good thing here is that it does not take memory resources of your pc and easily detect the virus. Just make sure your data is up to date.

« Reply #19 on: 06. March 2009., 07:20:17 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising