• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42872
  • Total Topics: 16081
  • Online Today: 3914
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: HijackThis (download)  (Read 47585 times)

s3ducx0n

• SCF Member
Re: HijackThis (download)
« Reply #10 on: 17. May 2009., 01:22:30 »
yeah im using it too.. but there's a time that i delete a file with hijackthis but the file keeps coming back when i reboot... sad :(

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #10 on: 17. May 2009., 01:22:30 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #11 on: 17. May 2009., 06:13:46 »
but there's a time that i delete a file with hijackthis but the file keeps coming back when i reboot

Mostly reason for that is some kind of PC infection with Malware, they renew itself with every Restart.

If you want, post your logs in SCF "PC Help Center": http://scforum.info/index.php/board,16.0.html

Here you can find some additional info. about desired logs: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,734.0.html

Regards,

S.

saradhi

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #12 on: 19. May 2009., 10:01:33 »
HijackThis, sometimes abbreviated HJT, is a freeware spyware-removal tool for Microsoft Windows originally created by Merijn Bellekom, and later sold to Trend Micro. The program is notable for taking a heuristic approach to detecting malware - rather than relying on a database of known spyware, it scans a user's computer quickly, creates a list of differences from a known spyware-free environment and allows the user to decide what from the list is to be removed. HijackThis is used primarily for diagnosis of spyware, as uninformed use of its removal facilities can cause significant software damage to a computer.

HijackThis can generate a plain text logfile detailing all entries it finds, and most entries can be removed or disabled by HijackThis. Inexperienced users are often advised to exercise caution, or to seek help when using the latter option, as HijackThis does not discriminate between legitimate and unwanted items, with the exception of a small whitelist of legitimate entries — thus allowing a user unintentionally to prevent important programs from operating, which may cause their system or its peripherals to stop working. HijackThis will, however, attempt to create backups of the files and registry entries it removes, which can be used to restore the system in the event of a mistake.

A common use is to post the logfile to a forum where more experienced users can help decipher which entries need to be removed. Automated tools also exist that analyze saved logs and attempt to provide recommendations to the user, or to clean entries automatically.[1] Use of such tools, however, is generally discouraged by those who specialize in manually dealing with HijackThis logs: they consider the tools to be potentially dangerous for inexperienced users, and neither accurate nor reliable enough to substitute for consulting with a trained human analyst.

HijackThis log analizer site" (html). http://www.hijackthis.de. Retrieved on 2008-11-02

kasy

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #13 on: 03. June 2009., 16:20:01 »
ya really its good utility

but some times the virus  is working in the ram process so u cant remove it
with hijack

regards

bam

• SCF Member
« Reply #14 on: 29. June 2009., 09:27:14 »
I had forgotten about this since I got my new laptop. Thanks for the reminder. The installer I downloaded was dated 2007. Have they updated it or is it the same? Thanks again for the help.

« Reply #14 on: 29. June 2009., 09:27:14 »

susanspy

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #15 on: 29. September 2009., 17:09:49 »
Hello,

Wow that was a cool test i too am trying Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2, but what is the use of it? i mean i am new to all this but would like to know how this works i do see the log file but what does that all mean?

cheers!!!

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #16 on: 29. September 2009., 17:17:02 »
Hello,

Wow that was a cool test i too am trying Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2, but what is the use of it? i mean i am new to all this but would like to know how this works i do see the log file but what does that all mean?

cheers!!!

Hi Susan and Welcome to SCF Community.

With this program We detect are you "infected" with some virus, worm, trojan, spyware etc.

If you have some problem with your PC or just want to check is everything Ok please visit SCF "PC Help Center" and post your HJT and Kaspersky log: http://scforum.info/index.php?action=forum

Hope this explanation will help you.

Best Regards,

S.

zouldiers

• SCF Member
« Reply #17 on: 06. October 2009., 14:23:47 »
This is a good software especially if you're having difficulty in determining the culprit in your system.

tikuna

• SCF Member
« Reply #18 on: 18. October 2009., 01:31:18 »
its a great program... and its free. nice.

Fireberg

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #19 on: 20. October 2009., 02:45:13 »
Hijack is cool....i´ve been since it put on web!!!Works fine and help a lot!!

Thanx

« Reply #19 on: 20. October 2009., 02:45:13 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising