• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42863
  • Total Topics: 16072
  • Online Today: 1382
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Heimdal PRO - Limited Giveaway ONLY for SCforum's members (20 licenses)  (Read 24839 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
---

Traffic Scanning: packet inspection? Which signatures are being used? Or is this Filtering?
Traffic Filtering: DNS change? Which DNS service? Or is this scanning?
Malware engine: which signatures? Is it a classic antivirus? Does it have resident shield? Scanning...?

And it looked like (VPN problems) that only inbound traffic is being scrutinized... Not outbound?

---

I supose that you'll not find all these answers on FAQ page but it's worth a try: https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/support

---

By the way, before few seconds I was sent email to Heimdals support & point them to your questions. I hope they will reply, ASAP (*your email is included).

cya later,

S.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

andrazaharia

• SCF VIP Member
---

Traffic Scanning: packet inspection? Which signatures are being used? Or is this Filtering?
Traffic Filtering: DNS change? Which DNS service? Or is this scanning?
Malware engine: which signatures? Is it a classic antivirus? Does it have resident shield? Scanning...?

And it looked like (VPN problems) that only inbound traffic is being scrutinized... Not outbound?

---

I supose that you'll not find all these answers on FAQ page but it's worth a try: https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/support

---

By the way, before few seconds I was sent email to Heimdals support & point them to your questions. I hope they will reply, ASAP (*your email is included).

cya later,

S.

Hi there,

And sorry for the late answers. I'll do a quick overview of how Heimdal PRO works, but you can always consult our website for more details: https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/products/heimdal-pro.

Heimdal works in 3 ways:
- it patches your vulnerable apps automatically and silently, to block security holes (software patching can prevent up to 85% or targeted attacks, according to US-CERT - http://www.zdnet.com/article/in-patches-we-trust-why-software-updates-have-to-get-better/#ftag=RSSbaffb68)
- it filters your Internet traffic through a DNS-based service that relies on deep knowledge of cyber criminal infrastructure. If your PC is trying to connect to domains, servers or other web locations we know are unsafe and connected to cyber criminal infrastructure, we will block communication between your PC and that web location. This works for both outgoing and incoming traffic (blocks payloads, encryption keys from being downloaded, blocks data exfiltration, etc.)
- the malware engine is the only reactive part of the product, which comes in if a threat manages to infiltrate the system after software patching and traffic filtering have done their job. There are two parts here as well: a traffic-based detection system and a signature-based detection system (however, this is not an antivirus, as Heimdal PRO is an antivirus supplement, so we always recommend users that they install an antivirus product along with Heimdal).

Heimdal PRO is a proactive security product and it works with all antivirus and VPN products on the market, with no interference. Should you experience any issues related to this, please contact my colleagues at support@heimdalsecurity.com for technical help.

I hope these details helped answer your questions. Please keep in mind that  I cannot share in depth technical details for obvious reasons.

Thanks for your patience!

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising