• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Kill all chrome tabs (and resume too!). FINALLY here after YEARS of searching  (Read 2982 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Searching & wishing for this for many years, I finally found a program that does the job!  :up:

Chrome with many tabs & extensions might get, well, heavy.

I always wished I could quickly kill / snap! every tab if chrome starts. I'll manually refresh the URL tab when needed. Still, should be easy but wasn't properly done (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/q0EIyG7Y6dE).

Now I found this: http://www.megaleecher.net/Fix_Google_Chrome_High_Memory_Usage?nocache=1#comment-41788 which leads to: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-great-suspender/klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg?hl=en

Copy paste (see megaleecher for screenshots!):

The Great Suspender - Suspend Google Chrome Tabs To Dramatically Save Computing Resources

Submitted by admin on Sun, 02/24/2013 - 05:10

High memory usage is something most modern tabbed browser are plagued with, we have shared the excellent FireMin add-on for Firefox to tame the situation, and here is an equivalent for Google Chrome.

Working on the same concept as BarTab for Firefox; The Great Suspender for Google Chrome makes unused tabs inactive saving computing resources. The addon dramatically reduced the memory usage to 1.5x. Tab suspension not only saves memory, but also aids in a snappier browsing experience as inactive tabs do not consume other computing resources.

The Great Suspender Unloads tabs and park the suspended tabs, this action is further configurable with a user-configurable whitelist and option to auto-suspend after a pre-defined period of time. Moreover, the session is saved as usual and suspended tabs are retained after closing and reopening of the browser, preventing tabs from auto-reloading on start.

So Karma indeed!

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-013 by DevNullius)

KEYWORDS: Fix Chrome High Memory Usage Google Chrome Google Chrome Extension Google Chrome Memory Cache Google Chrome Memory Leak Google Chrome Memory Management Google Chrome Memory Problems Google Chrome Memory Purge Google Chrome Memory Usage web-browser
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Fintech

• SCF VIP Member
FINALLY here after YEARS of searching  ;D

You have made hard work when you are searching for that!
:thumbsup:
Different matter, it has been its worth job? I use FireFox preferably! :bih:

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
So Karma indeed!

D., You've certainly earned them for this Tip. :up:

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising