• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42866
  • Total Topics: 16075
  • Online Today: 1580
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 - Patch 5 (download)  (Read 33086 times)

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise protects your desktop and file servers from a wide range of threats, including viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and potentially unwanted code and programs. McAfee VirusScan® 8 takes anti-virus protection to the next level, integrating elements of intrusion prevention and firewall technology into a single solution for PCs and file servers. This powerful combination delivers truly proactive protection from the newest of today’s threats-including buffer - overflow exploits and blended attacks - and features advanced outbreak management responses to reduce the damage and costs of outbreaks. Everything is managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator® or ProtectionPilot™ for scalable security policy compliance and graphical reporting.

Release Notes for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 5 (pdf):
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD25913&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=false&platinum_status=false&locale=en_US

Download Patch 5:

https://mega.nz/#!fwkFlbaC!lZgtk3gBoHhbm9bzkZ6s6ge0Jf3rjPgVh7QpmDMlP5o

RULES:
  • For new members, at least 2 useful posts (No, introduction doesn't count), for old ones, at least 1 new useful posts
  • Like SCF's Fb Page and/or follow us on twitter. Fb: http://www.facebook.com/SCforum Twitter: http://twitter.com/SCforum (We've got Google+: https://www.google.com/+ScforumInfo2007 & LinkedIn too: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scforum )
  • Post a funny pic or give a good security practice example when asking for pass
  • VIP memebers get pass just by asking for it, for everyone else, must request pass on this topic and provide proof of following second rule (via PM to me AND Samker if you are wary of bots getting your data), password will be sent via PM
  • We won't provide the password to anyone who doesn't follow these rules, and we will simply not answer any request via PM or here, until the rules are followed

Some Q&A:
  • Is this a full VSE installer or just a patch? This is just the patch, so you need to Have VSE 8.8 already installed in order to apply this one.
  • How long do you take for sending the password? We send the password whenever we visit the forum, but we are not always on, so please allow up to 48 hours for any of us to send the password.
  • I want to install VSE on my system, how can I get the full installer? Please contact your local McAfee's Reseller or representative
  • Can I use this product on my personal PC? Yes, you can, as long as you have permission to do so from your IT department
  • Are you guys affiliated with McAfee (and/or Intel)? No, we are not.
  • I'm having some trouble configuring VSE, can you help me? Sure, visit our PC Help section, we'll be happy to assist you.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

manual2100

• SCF Member
Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 5
« Reply #1 on: 25. May 2015., 19:37:05 »
Keep up the good work guys and many thanks!

dju35

• SCF Newbie
Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 - Patch 5 (download)
« Reply #2 on: 25. June 2015., 21:26:02 »
Thanks a lot i will get a try on this
IT Director:
McAfee EPO 4.6, Virusscan Enterprise 8.8i Patch 3, DLP 9.3

bBbLaHhH

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 18. July 2015., 21:05:55 »
May I have the pw please

Practice Example - Got an email from Apple saying something changed in my account and to click on a link to login and verify my account status.  I contacted apple via their website and asked them to verify whether they sent the link to me.  They indicated they did not and told me to forward the email to them and delete it afterwards.

Conclusion:  Just because the email looks like its from source.  If they ask you login and input account information, be sure to verify this request directly from the source before continuing

This is not directly related to virus and virus scan but a good security practice none the less

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 19. July 2015., 01:38:17 »
May I have the pw please

Practice Example - Got an email from Apple saying something changed in my account and to click on a link to login and verify my account status.  I contacted apple via their website and asked them to verify whether they sent the link to me.  They indicated they did not and told me to forward the email to them and delete it afterwards.

Conclusion:  Just because the email looks like its from source.  If they ask you login and input account information, be sure to verify this request directly from the source before continuing

This is not directly related to virus and virus scan but a good security practice none the less

Please check your PMs in 5 minutes ;)

« Reply #4 on: 19. July 2015., 01:38:17 »

Audiracecar90

• SCF Member
« Reply #5 on: 20. July 2015., 18:29:32 »
Hai guys im new to this forum and i'm using mcafee virus scan enterprise 8.7i version. And i would like to update to 8.8 with latest patch 5. I'm little bit confusion about this update could anyone please guide me to update???? Thanks in advance :D :D :D

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #6 on: 22. July 2015., 08:34:41 »
Hai guys im new to this forum and i'm using mcafee virus scan enterprise 8.7i version. And i would like to update to 8.8 with latest patch 5. I'm little bit confusion about this update could anyone please guide me to update???? Thanks in advance :D :D :D

Hi A.,

I just noticed that you have two identical posts in SCforum (what is not welcomed)... since, this topic is dedicated (only) to patch 5 and your questions is related to version upgrade (not update)... your second Topic is moved to SCF's "PC Help Center" (after recycling, splitting and merging): http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,10135.0.html

We'll continue conversation about this subject (only) there. :police:

cya,

S.

Mauri_SOS

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: 29. August 2015., 14:06:10 »
Hello
It would be helpful to count the parxhe 5 of McAfee, as it has innovations and benefits when making full scans for any physical unit
greeting
MAuricio ;D

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #8 on: 30. August 2015., 13:38:53 »
Hello
It would be helpful to count the parxhe 5 of McAfee, as it has innovations and benefits when making full scans for any physical unit
greeting
MAuricio ;D

Hi Mauricio and Welcome to SCF Community.

FYI, Patch 5 is outdated, so We stopped distribution.

Here you have "shiny new" Patch 6: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,10677.0.html

Don't forget to follow The Rules or you wont receive pass. :police:

cya around,

S.

eltor

• SCF Member
« Reply #9 on: 03. September 2015., 13:13:03 »
May I ask for the password please? Thanks...

« Reply #9 on: 03. September 2015., 13:13:03 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising