• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3461
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: installing Windows 7 Professional (x64)  (Read 4092 times)

einherjar

• SCF Member
installing Windows 7 Professional (x64)
« on: 09. January 2011., 15:12:02 »
hi there its me again  :)

ok i got my copy of windows 7 i download from msdn academic alliance..

-it is in iso format
-so i need it to burn it into a dvd using active iso burn
-so after burning can i use this dvd to install the os right ???
==
another is
i have this desktop which has 1gb ram, intel core 2 duo, and 140 total GB memory, (this pass the system req.?)
-the current os is xp
-has 2 partitions which is drive C: D:
-so windows is in drive C:

i need to clean install the windows 7 but still i need to have the 2 partitions C: D:

questions.
-how to clean install windows 7 having 2 partitions (50gb for C: and the rest  for D:)?
-does windows automatically format my hardisk?
-after the os is successfully installed.. can i access the internet just like the previous os (xp)?
-does windows automatically updates the drivers of the devices?

sorry about this.. i been surfing the net but (for me) i didnt find the answer

thnks in advnce for the help ;)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

installing Windows 7 Professional (x64)
« on: 09. January 2011., 15:12:02 »

neerajrawat1

• SCF VIP Member
  • We believe in sharing is caring
    • Experts Galaxy
Re: installing Windows 7 Professional (x64)
« Reply #1 on: 09. January 2011., 15:59:15 »
yup after burning the iso file you need to boot the computer using the dvd

the minimum requirement for 64 bit Windows 7 is 2gb RAM for 32 bit 1 gb is fine and as you have 1 gb only there is no point in using a 64 bit OS so would suggest you download 32 bit OS and install you can always use this tool from Microsoft to see if you system config can run Windows 7 or not

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

yup just boot the system using windows 7 dis,on the screen it will show you all the partitions

http://www.expertsgalaxy.com/2010/04/windows-7-installation.html

just highlight them one by one and delete them so to see complete harddisk as unpartitioned

Now start creating partitions you will see the option at the bottom on the same screen once you highlight the partitions

create c,d,e for xp,win 7 and your data if you only want to install win 7 c,d are fine rest depends on your need

yup you would be able to use the net

for most of the devices it will take the drivers on its own but first check using the upgrade advisor if your hardware supports win 7 or not also check your pcs manufacturer site for your model if they have released the required drivers it will make a clear sense whether to install win 7 or not

einherjar

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 10. January 2011., 10:12:00 »
i just realized that Windows 7 Professional x64 means 64 bit and i should download Windows 7 Professional x86 which is 32 bit..(am i correct?) ???

-when i arrived at the drive list (in my case) the list should show 2 disk.. so i just highlight one of them and click delete link and then highlight the other and click delete  ???

-using upgrade advisor will the result says i can install except i need more memory space for the system.. (this doesnt matter since i want to erase also the old os) :)
- anywayz thanks for the info

neerajrawat1

• SCF VIP Member
  • We believe in sharing is caring
    • Experts Galaxy
« Reply #3 on: 10. January 2011., 11:59:22 »
yup x86 is 32 bit

yes you should delete the drives the way you mentioned and similar way create new according to your need

yup upgrade advisor regardless of your installed xp will check the hardware specs if enuff for windows 7 or not

happy installing

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #3 on: 10. January 2011., 11:59:22 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising