SCF Advanced Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 34852
  • Total Topics: 10403
  • Online Today: 1540
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: SysAid - Service Desk Software  (Read 101 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
SysAid - Service Desk Software
« on: 14. January 2019., 10:22:35 »

I've been looking for an all-in-one service desk solution for a while now but was having trouble finding one with the level of customization I wanted. I stumbled across this gem recently and wanted to share it with you all:

SysAid's Service Desk Software

SysAid's Service Desk gives us a fully functional help desk ticketing system and an asset management suite in a single piece of software. We're a medium-sized business and this kind of solution worked perfectly for us. We don't need the infinite scalability of a dedicated asset management solution, so the way SysAid's asset management module fits together with its ticketing system has given our service desk everything it needs in one place.

We used the cloud deployment and were able to quickly get SysAid's client rolled out across the company. Configuration of our backend took some extra time but was definitely worth it when we were able to custom configure pretty much everything we could ever want to play with.

While we don't strictly follow ITIL guidelines, I can see how the way SysAid's software is designed can help those who do. We did make use of their CMDB feature for quick asset discovery and configuration. Transferring what passed for our old CMDB into SysAid's software was largely painless, and we were able to automatically discover the few things that didn't play nice with the transfer.

Sysaid gives us a lot of room to run with their ticketing priority and controls, and we were able to get our help desk setup with the software relatively quickly. The old system they were using didn't have this level of customization, so it took a bit of time for them to adjust, but they greatly prefer the new software to the old one. We're not swamped with hundreds of incoming tickets a day, but if we were then automatic ticket routing would speed things up.

Some of the things SysAid's software does:

●   Cloud or on-site deployments.
●   ITSM module that includes incident management, problem management, and change management tools.
●   Knowledge base integration with help desk tools to automatically send users to a self-service portal.
●   CMDB setup tool with network asset discovery and a very useful overview of the CMDB itself. One of the more unique and helpful implementations I've seen.
●   SLA management
●   Fully featured help desk with ticket management, end-user clients for easy remote access and incident reporting, and more.
●   Asset management suite with inventory management and patch management.
●   Detailed analytics for both the entire service desk operating on SysAid's software.

If you've been looking for an all-in-one solution that gives you all the above in one package, Sysaid is definitely worth a look. It's worked well for us and I can't recommend it enough if this is what your company needs. You can check them out and find more information at https://www.sysaid.com

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

SysAid - Service Desk Software
« on: 14. January 2019., 10:22:35 »
Sponsored Links:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising