SCF Advanced Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 36971
  • Total Topics: 11785
  • Online Today: 1046
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: [TIP] Reinstall OS in 7 minutes  (Read 9734 times)

neerajrawat1

• SCF VIP Member
  • We believe in sharing is caring
    • Experts Galaxy
Re: [TIP] Reinstall OS in 7 minutes
« Reply #10 on: 20. May 2011., 04:09:02 »
Norton Ghost is the best I tried around 4 other softwares finally end up with ghost to backup my data however I havent tried the OS restore function yet hope it would work for me as have 4 different os in 4 different partitions

AllSecurityUp

• SCF Member
    • Free Virus Spyware Adware Registry Scan
« Reply #11 on: 21. May 2011., 15:42:14 »
Whilst I still think complete Image backups are the best in terms of a complete recovery... the smaller system orientated backups are really convenient, especially in terms of speed.

However I still think the system orientated backups should compliment a good Image backup strategy as well.

Such a strategy can include RAID 1 Mirror (mainly for hardware failure), but if your main drive gets malware files then likely they exists on the mirror as well.
Think before you think you'll do something.
Easy PC Security Tips

Fintech

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: 22. May 2011., 08:14:22 »
I use latest Norton Ghost 15. ;D It can drive when windows is operating.  Only return must start from CD-disk!  It is very useful to make partition copy in the flight (ususally it's C: drive)!
In windows 7 has own image maker also and its work as well too!
I use external USB drive to destination of Ghost image because there it is safe place and stil easy to restore :bih:

AllSecurityUp

• SCF Member
    • Free Virus Spyware Adware Registry Scan
« Reply #13 on: 26. May 2011., 14:27:26 »
I use latest Norton Ghost 15. ;D It can drive when windows is operating.  Only return must start from CD-disk!  It is very useful to make partition copy in the flight (ususally it's C: drive)!
In windows 7 has own image maker also and its work as well too!
I use external USB drive to destination of Ghost image because there it is safe place and stil easy to restore :bih:

Indeed, Also with the USB3 being so much faster than USB2... USB drives are even better. Multiple rotating USB drives also allows for offsite backup.
Think before you think you'll do something.
Easy PC Security Tips

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #13 on: 26. May 2011., 14:27:26 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising