• Total Members: 12780
  • Latest: eduard
  • Total Posts: 28049
  • Total Topics: 8055
  • Online Today: 878
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 09:27:49)

Author Topic: failed to clear disk: error = 4 active@ Disk Image fails to initialize  (Read 2504 times)

• SCF VIP Member
"failed to clear disk" error = 4  with active@ partition manager and disk image: program failed to initialize freshly created new raid volume.

I got it solved too, but took me a few hours...

When I was restoring my 1.8TB image back to a fresh Raid Volume, I got no errors and Disk Image created all the partitions and bootmanagers.

BUT the end result was incomplete! :( So I had to start over. I used the same 2 disks, and suddenly got above error. After some messing around, I decided I'd take 2 new fresh hard drives and use them to restore my system. Same problem!! Wtf??

I then used Active@ Partition tool and got the same results when I tried to initialize the raid volume. It could not be done! Wtf part 2!

On to Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro 12. I created 1 big partition on my fresh raid volume and went back to Active@ Disk Image. This time: no problems!

Very very strange. I do not like, but got it solved :)

More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist

Samker's Computer Forum -

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters)

Enter your email address to receive daily email with ' - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising