• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3710
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: What are My Risks with My Mobile Device?  (Read 8386 times)

Pez

• SCF VIP Member
  • Pez
What are My Risks with My Mobile Device?
« on: 30. April 2013., 08:48:31 »

Mobile technology is the new frontier for fraudsters. Today, there are more wireless devices than American people. [1] Mobile devices connect to the Internet and have much of the same information and capability as a personal computer.

Your device and the private data it holds are very, very attractive to thieves. Yet, most of us don’t protect our smartphones or tablets—and the private information they contain—anywhere near as well as we do our wallets and PCs.

We make life easy for them. The places and ways that we use smartphones and tablets offer new chances for criminals to catch us off our guards—in the coffee shop, on the train, while shopping. When we are using our mobile devices, we usually have other things happening around us as well as on the device. We are easily distracted. And we want what we want now. Click to download. Click to view. Click to get a free app. Few of us take the time to “think before we click.”

We store passwords, bank account information, photos, and all our contacts on these devices so we can be even more fast and efficient as we live our mobile lives. That’s why 51% of us would rather lose our wallets than our mobile phones. [2]

Some of the things you can expose yourself to if you don’t protect your mobile device include:

Financial fraud: Someone takes over your bank account, extracts money, or sets up a premium text scam where you pay for messages you don’t want.

Identity theft: By having information about you, someone can pretend to be you and sign up for credit cards, identity papers—even buy a car. It can take years to recover your good name.

Privacy loss: Someone gets information about you that you don’t want out there, including social network activities, GPS location, searches, texts, instant messages, downloads and app usage. This information could be just embarrassing—or it could cost you a friendship, a job, your credit rating or a chance for college.

Losing your device: In addition to having to buy a new device (unsubsidized by the operator), you can give a thief the information needed for the fraud, identity theft and privacy loss mentioned above.
To ensure that you protect your smartphone and tablet you should:

• Don’t click on links in texts or emails, since these links may actually point toward malicious downloads

• Keep your device with you, don’t let it out of your sight and don’t share it with others.

• Make sure to have a pass code on your device and set it to auto-lock after a certain period of time

• Before downloading any app, check other users’ reviews to see if it is safe, and read the app’s privacy policy to make sure that it is not sharing your personal information

• Carefully review your mobile phone bills for any anomalies

• Use comprehensive mobile security that include anti-theft, antivirus and web protection like McAfee Mobile Security or McAfee All Access

Robert Siciliano is an Online Security Expert to McAfee. He is the author of 99 Things You Wish You Knew Before Your Mobile was Hacked!  (Disclosures)

[1] http://blog.ctia.org/2011/10/11/ctia-survey-show-more-wireless-devices-than-americans/
[2] Cisco 2011 Connected World Technology Report

Orginal article: Monday, April 29, 2013 at 6:21am by Robert Siciliano
Their is two easy way to configure a system!
Every thing open and every thing closed.
Every thing else is more or less complex.

Start Turfing ! http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8405.msg21475.html#msg21475

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« on: 30. April 2013., 08:48:31 »

Rashiy

• SCF Newbie
Re: What are My Risks with My Mobile Device?
« Reply #1 on: 03. July 2019., 13:23:20 »
Spine HR Suite is a complete Human Resource Management software which helps manage and perform all the tasks from hire to retire or relieve. Spine HR stores complete records of the employees, fulfill most of the compliance that takes care of all your requirements related to management, workflow and accounting employees.

RuskinF

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 13. August 2020., 15:38:27 »
Here's a look at the top seven mobile device threats and what the future holds:

1) Data Leakage.
2) Unsecured Wi-Fi.
3) Network Spoofing.
4) Phishing Attacks.
5) Spyware.
6) Broken Cryptography.
7) Improper Session Handling.

Tory123

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: 26. August 2020., 13:52:24 »
Hello! Maybe the question is off-topic, but it worries me very much. How can you check that someone else is watching your phone?

Thisper

• SCF Member
« Reply #4 on: 19. July 2021., 03:09:31 »
There are many things you can do through your mobile device and you can easily find out any kind of writing solution with the mobile device as well. Most of the students love to get the best online essay writing service online which provides complete writing solutions with a review service as well. I have tried to find out different writing tips online which provide great solutions about the written content.

« Reply #4 on: 19. July 2021., 03:09:31 »

Nishaknapp

« Reply #5 on: 14. June 2022., 07:53:49 »
Why not settling on games that is fun and at the same time your earning. Well it'll make suspense because of the game as well but dude just try it and it gave me hope while pandemic is real rn.   Gambling Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Finances

« Reply #5 on: 14. June 2022., 07:53:49 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising