Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43048
  • Total Topics: 16229
  • Online Today: 5605
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Call for collaboration on monitoring and control project  (Read 801 times)

abbaaliyu

• SCF Newbie
Call for collaboration on monitoring and control project
« on: 30. January 2024., 14:27:34 »
To those of you who are interested in such things and have time and programming, electronic, or project management skills to contribute, I'm considering publishing most of the Transit/Camper projects I've been working on, or at least making them available to individual contributors.

My vision is to have more integration with the vehicle itself than existing or planned projects - both in gathering information and controlling certain useful things. This would reduce the amount of custom electronics required. Initially this would be Transit specific, and only having access to a 2018 is another limitation that is resolved by including others in the development process.

To get an idea of what's envisioned here, have a look at this similar project that was brought to my attention a while ago:
PeKaWay

I've previously been accused of being secretive about what I've been working on, and there is certainly justification for this accusation. Initially I had the idea that the massive amounts of time I've spent researching and debugging so far may have some future commercial value. While that still remains true, I've come to accept the nagging fact that since I'm neither skilled nor interested in the user interface component required of most successful projects, there are limitations to how far I can take things on my own. I can accept that I'm likely never to make any money from this, but I'm unwilling to create the whole thing myself and make it freely available to all.

It is in the interest of not having everything I've done so far go to waste that I'm seriously considering making the source available, creating documentation (hopefully with some help), and gathering together the odds and ends of code and ideas that I have into one coherent project with a set of goals.

So, let me know if you are:
a) Interested in USING software or hardware like this
b) Willing and able to CONTRIBUTE to the software, firmware, and/or electronic design
c) Interested in other aspects like documentation, graphic design, project management, etc.

Your silence will adequately indicate to me that you have no interest in any of the above.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Call for collaboration on monitoring and control project
« on: 30. January 2024., 14:27:34 »

EdwardHeath

• SCF Member
Re: Call for collaboration on monitoring and control project
« Reply #1 on: 30. January 2024., 14:37:01 »
A lot of engineering programs ask for companies and individuals to come to them for help with projects.

NathalyBanks

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #2 on: 30. January 2024., 14:40:40 »
I appreciate your initiative to collaborate on the monitoring and control project. Your vision for more integration with vehicles and reducing custom electronics is intriguing. It's great that you're open to involving others in the development process.I took a look at the PeKaWay project you mentioned, and it seems like a promising reference. Sharing your work and ideas with the community can lead to valuable insights and contributions.In terms of project management, using CRM software can be a valuable tool for organizing tasks, communication, and collaboration among contributors.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #2 on: 30. January 2024., 14:40:40 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising